The Kinnard Farms Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship aims to recognize and reward graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing a career related to agriculture. Emphasis is placed on students’ performance and humanitarian qualities.
To be considered for nomination, students must:
- Be a graduating senior in good standing from one of the following schools:
- Kewaunee, Luxemburg-Casco, Algoma, Denmark or Southern Door high schools
- Be accepted into a 2-year, 4-year or short course program and enrolling the following fall
- Plan to pursue an agricultural focus such as dairy or animal science, horticulture, mechanics, agronomy, pre-veterinary, agricultural communications, or a trade
- Write and submit an essay (250-500 words) describing how they became interested in agriculture, their experience and what they bring to the field and their professional goals
- Submit one letter of reference
- Demonstrate humanitarian qualities in school and community through school programs and/or community service
- Be a Wisconsin resident
Maximum amount: $1500/scholarship
Number of awards: 3
Winners will be announced prior to the end of the school year.
Applications are due March 15, 2018.
Funds are released on proof of enrollment after the school year begins. Good luck seniors!