The Kinnard Farms Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship aims to recognize and reward graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing a career related to agriculture. Emphasis is placed on students’ performance and humanitarian qualities.
To be considered for nomination, students must:
- Be a graduating senior in good standing from one of the following schools:
- Kewaunee, Luxemburg-Casco, Algoma, Denmark or Southern Door high schools
- Be accepted into a 2-year, 4-year or short course program and enrolling the following fall
- Plan to pursue an agricultural focus such as dairy or animal science, horticulture, mechanics, agronomy, pre-veterinary, agricultural communications, or a trade
- Write and submit an essay (250-500 words) describing how they became interested in agriculture, their experience and what they bring to the field and their professional goals
- Submit one letter of reference
- Demonstrate humanitarian qualities in school and community through school programs and/or community service
- Be a Wisconsin resident
Maximum amount: $1500/scholarship
Number of awards: 3
Winners will be announced prior to the end of the school year.
Funds are released on proof of enrollment after the school year begins. Good luck seniors!